About the Cottage
Welcome to Owl Moon Cottage, an elegant, sustainably designed, and very cozy retreat for nature lovers. Newly built in 2016, it's the perfect romantic getaway for couples. But it's also great for families or a small group of close friends.
In addition to the luxurious queen bed downstairs, the loft accommodates two more guests, and can be set up with a king-size bed or two twin beds. Comfy window seats provide additional sleeping areas for children.
The fully furnished kitchen gives you the option of preparing your own meals. Or you can simply enjoy the many fine restaurants in and around Ithaca.
* Fully equipped kitchen with handcrafted cherry cabinets, apartment-sized refrigerator and freezer, full-sized oven and electric range.
* Accessible tiled bathroom with tub and shower.
* Sleeping alcove with luxurious Queen bed, closet, night table and twin reading lamps.
* Two spacious window seats with high-density foam cushions, which can serve as beds for two children.
* Loft area with two Twin Extra Long beds, which can be moved together to create a King size bed. Access to the loft can be blocked if guests or hosts have safety concerns.
* Cathedral ceiling, with large windows facing east and south
* Gorgeous hand-finished hardwood floor, made from locally harvested ash.
* Spacious deck (600 square feet) wraps around the cottage on 3 sides, with a wheelchair ramp up the 4th side.
We have done our best to make Owl Moon Cottage accessible for all our guests. However we are not ADA certified. If you use a wheelchair please do contact us before booking. We would be happy to provide specific measurements and/or photos so that you can assess whether the cottage meets your needs.
Owl Moon Cottage is thoughtfully designed in order to maximize your privacy. All the large windows face away from the main house, which is located a short distance from the cottage. Blinds can be lowered from the top and raised from the bottom, allowing guests complete privacy even while preserving views of the trees and stars. We have also installed linen privacy curtains around the bedroom area.
As hosts, we're happy to interact with you as much or as little as you desire during your stay.
If you are interested in rural lifestyles, you may enjoy a tour of our two-acre homestead. We grow a year-round supply of veggies in our large garden, storing, freezing and canning our winter supply. Depending on the time of year of your visit, we may be hosting some goats and/or chickens as well.